Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Plant to Father Time

About 2 weeks ago, me and the housemates decided to grow some plants in lieu of my guinea pig passing away. We planted some peas, tomatoes and strawberries and i must admit, i was fairly excited about it. I checked them everyday until they finally grew. I was so impressed with this process that i decided to plant some more. They just started sprouting which gave me the idea that maybe i should document this plants life cuz afterall, every plant is a little prayer that fathers time. You can literally see how much time has passed from looking at plants and their growth cycle.

So here it is, our first batch of plants.

Some beautiful peas plants which would hopefully provide some much needed legumes in the house. There is a sad little one in the bottom left corner which i don't think will make it. Those darn slugs just go nuts over these.

These guys are the tomatoes that are just starting to grow. I think we'll have to pluck some of them out because they seem a little close to each other.


Here's a baby pea plant that was just planted about 7 days ago. Its just starting to germinate so we can see the progress of this one a lot better as i post pictures of it growing.
Some more tomatoes, but this time they seem even more clustered together. I think we will definitely have to pluck some of those out. Makes me sad that some of them will have to die just because we didn't read the instructions on how far to plant them in the first place.

The strawberries seem to have gone MIA so i can't say much about them or maybe they've starting sprouting and just look sorta like weeds so i may have plucked them out.

I will be posting new photos of their progress every few days so both you and i can have a look at exactly how much and how fast they're growing. I might leave a camera on them for a day just to see if they grow within that day.

No comments: